Sunday, April 3, 2011

Honest Abe

Honest Abe 8"x6" oil on canvas panel

Portraits are my favorite thing to paint, so when I read the Daily Paintworks challenge to paint good old Abe Lincoln I was happy...just had to make time to paint it. (started it at 8 in the evening) Knowing it would be painted in black & white I wanted the background to be bright, so I choose this bright yellow and thought it would add more depth if I let some of that yellow show through. I have to admit this painting went so smooth, makes me only want to paint portraits, but I feel the need still to paint other things.
This painting is available- click here for purchase info
Next I'm hoping to finish something for the Daily Paintworks Japan challenge, an auction created to raise money for the people of Japan. A bunch of artists have donated paintings for this cause, it's so wonderful of Carol & David Marine to create this auction! Please go check it out and bid on something you like. It has already raised $25,000 and that will help many of people in need!

1 comment: