Monday, April 16, 2012

Life

Surprise... I'm still here. It's been a busy year so far. What have I been up to you ask, well, I've given my website a new face lift, make sure you take a look around when you're done reading this.(gretchenmatta.com) It looks a little different, might be easier to maneuver, oh and I sell some paintings directly through the website now. All orders are made using paypal. Paypal is great, I always use it for buying things online. I can even set up a custom invoice & email it to you if you wanted to buy someone a gift or want to commission a painting for yourself.
I also joined Daily Paintworks website (a great group of artists), so there will be small paintings listed for sale there soon. I have a few small pieces recently completed that will be posted. 
The sad news, the real reason for my painting coming to a screeching halt is that my beloved furry companion of 10 years passed away. Bella was the best dog in the world (as my husband shockingly admitted yesterday) and it's  been a very difficult time for me. I am trying to get back to life.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Gretchen! I'm a fellow painter (joined in Feb 2012) on the DPW site and it is a great and supportive group of talented painters. Neat stuff to look at and be inspired by. Very sad to hear about the loss of your fur baby, Bella :( I had a beautiful Wheaten Terrier for 14 years and I felt lost and missing my best friend when he died. Go easy on yourself and remember all the joy that Bella brought to you. The days do get better...take care and look forward to seeing your paintings on the DPW. Christine
    P.S. What a lovely picture of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,
    Thanks so much, you are very sweet. I'm sorry about your dog, Wheaten Terriers are beautiful (like my Airedale Terrier). I completely understand, I am a little lost without her. I've followed the DPW for a while & finally joined, now I need to do something with it. I will look for you on there.
    Thanks again Christine!!

    ReplyDelete