Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back to the drawing board

When I saw the latest challenge from artist Karin Jurick for her Different Strokes from Different Folks blog I was very happy about it. I absolutely love to draw, it's where it all began for me. When I was a kid I carried my sketchbook and pencils everywhere and would draw anything I could. The more detail the better, couldn't get enough of it. Now most all of my time is spent using oil paints and it sure felt good to get out my charcoal pencil and get my fingers dirty. Go check out her blog to see all the other artists submissions, you won't be disappointed.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice piece...I like your handeling of the details and subtle greys. Great job, Gretchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Gretchen. They look so life-like! Great response to the DSDF challenge. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece in this medium, Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete